- EFFECTIVE DATE
This notice is effective as at 14 February 2014.
- PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES
- General Principle:
- If you are under 18, you should ensure that you obtain the consent of your parents or legal guardian before using our services and/or products.
- Notice and Choice Principle:
- Please be informed that TUNE TALK may process your Personal Data for the following reasons:-
- for the performance of TUNE TALK ’s contract with you;
- to provide you with goods and/or services;
- for profiling your Service preferences;
- to assess your needs and provide better service;
- for compliance with any legal and/or regulatory obligations;
- for maintaining financial records, assessing or verifying credit and facilitating payments of any amount due to TUNE TALK;
- to establish and maintain a common database of customers or processing of data as an outsourced entity both within and outside Malaysia;
- to send you information, promotions and updates including marketing and advertising materials in relation to our goods and services and those of organizations selected by TUNE TALK unless you have otherwise notified TUNE TALK that you do not wish for Tune Talk to process your Personal Data for such purpose ;
- to recover any amount due to TUNE TALK;
- for purposes associated with the detection or prevention of crime and/or fraud;
- for purposes of any legal proceedings related to the Services;
- to protect TUNE TALK ’s vital interests;
- for the administration of justice;
- for the exercise of any functions conferred on any person by or under any law. Such other purposes as may be related to the foregoing. (collectively known as “Purposes”)
- Tune Talk collects your Personal Data from customer application forms, prepaid registration forms, customer relationship managements systems and our network systems.
- It is obligatory that you supply TUNE TALK with the Personal Data marked with asterisk in the relevant forms above. Should you fail to supply TUNE TALK with the above Personal Data or subsequently withdraw your consent to TUNE TALK’s processing of your Personal Data, TUNE TALK may not be able to continue providing you with certain Services and/or process your Personal Data for any one above Purposes (save and except for the purposes of direct marketing).
- Disclosure Principle:
- TUNE TALK may disclose your Personal Data to certain third parties for the purposes of complying with any with government agency notification requirements; and/or for the Purposes above. Such third parties include without limitation TUNE TALK’s service providers, agent, contractors, regulatory bodies and government authorities.
- In addition to the aforesaid, TUNE TALK is obliged to disclose your cell phone number to other network operators to enable the use of the Services.
- TUNE TALK may from time to time, contact you on behalf of our external business partners about particular goods, offers or services that may be of interest to you. In those cases, Personal Data that may identify you will not be transferred to the third party. All communication whether from TUNE TALK or TUNE TALK’s business partners will be sent to you by TUNE TALK. You will be given the opportunity to 'opt-out' from having your Personal Data processed for such direct marketing purposes at the point where TUNE TALK asks for information. If you do not wish to receive TUNE TALKS’s promotional updates you may opt-out of receiving these communications by contacting TUNE TALK at our contact details as prescribed below.
- TUNE TALK may also disclose your Personal Data to subsidiaries, its parent company or any other entity for the Purposes.
- Security Principle
TUNE TALK shall take practical steps to safeguard the confidentiality and security of all Personal Data, including appropriate procedural, organizational and technical steps to protect your Personal Data from accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration or disclosure. Procedures for implementing these steps will be communicated to all TUNE TALK’s employees and third party service providers as prescribed in Paragraph 3.3.
- Retention Principle
TUNE TALK shall not retain the Personal Data longer than it is necessary for the fulfillment of the Purposes above. TUNE TALK shall also take reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Data is destroyed or permanently deleted if it is no longer required.
- Data Integrity Principle
TUNE TALK strives to maintain complete, current, and accurate information about its customers. Any inaccurate information that is brought to TUNE TALK 's attention will be corrected as soon as reasonably practicable after notification. Procedures will be maintained to ensure that any reported inaccuracies are promptly and effectively handled and that customers' information remains as accurate, current and complete as possible.
- Access Principle:
You may access and request for correction of your Personal Data and to contact us with any enquiries or complaints in respect of your Personal Data as follows:
|Designation of Contact Person:
||Head of Regulatory and Compliance
In accordance with the PDPA:
(a)We may charge a fee for processing your request for access or correction; and
(b)We may refuse to comply with your request for access or correction to your Personal Data.
- TUNE TALK’S WEBSITE
- TUNE TALK provides products and services via its various websites. When a customer visits TUNE TALK’s websites the web servers generally record anonymous information such as the time, date and URL of the request. This information assists TUNE TALK to improve the structure of its websites and monitor their performance. From time to time TUNE TALK may also use third parties to analyze this anonymous information.
- For the purpose of using TUNE TALK ’s websites TUNE TALK may require standard information such as your Login ID, passwords and other , Personal Data as prescribed above . This information is necessary for TUNE TALK to provide the Services . You are required to maintain the secrecy of your Login ID and Password enabling you to access the TUNE TALK home page. It is strongly stressed that TUNE TALK will not be able to secure the Personal Data if you reveal your Login ID and Password to anyone, and as such, is not liable for any breach of Personal Data.
- IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
- TUNE TALK also collects Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. IP addresses are assigned to computers on the Internet to uniquely identify them within the global network. TUNE TALK collects and manages IP addresses as part of the service of providing internet session management and for security purposes.
- TUNE TALK’s websites may transmit to any customer’s computer a “cookie”. A cookie is a package of data that allows TUNE TALK ’s server to identify and interact more effectively with the customer’s computer having to spend time on identifying each user, thereby also providing additional login convenience. The customer may configure and personalize its current browser to refuse, reject or delete such cookies.