Pek Epik is Tune Talk’s latest range of plans that stands out as the best in its class providing exceptional value by ushering in Tune Talk first-ever 5G experience customised for contemporary lifestyles.
It currently offers a selection of four distinct plans designed to meet your diverse Internet needs, all competitively priced.
Pek Epik is eligible for:
- New Tune Talk users that register the SIM pack after 00:01, 27th October 2023 ; or
- Users that request to port-in to Tune Talk after 00:01, 27th October 2023 ; or
- Existing active Tune Talk users that switch to Pek Epik Fafter 27th October 2023 .
Starting from 27th October 2023, only Pek Epik tariffs are available for new SIM registration and switching. Users in Pahang, Terengganu, Kelantan will still be able to subscribe to Pek Pantai Timur while Pek Borneo will also be available for new users in Sabah and Sarawak.
Please refer to the table below for the range of products available for TTEPIK tariff:
|Plans / Passes||SMS Keyword (month)||Data Quota||Speed||Calls||Validity|
|On Net||Off Net|
(Limited Time Promo)
Here’s a basic checklist:
- Using a 5G-enabled device and in 5G coverage areas (Check your coverage HERE)
- You’ll need a Tune Talk SIM or eSIM subscribed to TT Epik Plan.
- You’ll also need to ensure that 5G is enabled in your device’s ‘Network Settings’. Sometimes, power saving mode or 3rd party apps may deactivate the 5G setting.
- For more information on 5G, you can refer to our 5G page HERE.
Depending on your plan, hotspot usage may utilise from either shared base Internet or dedicated additional hotspot.
Unlimited Chat & Navigation Apps provide unlimited Internet for WhatsApp, WeChat and Google Maps App usage. Currently Unlimited Chat and Navigation Apps are only available for EpikCall 20 plan.
Our best-selling Epik 35 plan comes with unlimited Internet for some of the most popular youth-oriented apps out there with a High-Definition video experience.
The Apps included are:
- YouTube Kids
- Astro GO
“High-Definition” video experience indicates the Internet experience provided within respective plans will enable seamless streaming on 720p resolution on video streaming platforms. Meanwhile, “Standard-Definition” video experience would enable seamless streaming at up to 360p resolution.
Yes. All Pek Epik plans or passes come with validity extensions which will not stack with existing validity and will add on to the latest date.
(e.g.) When you reload RM30 on 5th November 2023, the validity will extend for 30 days to 23:59, 4th December 2023. If you purchase the Epik 35 plan on 10th November 2023, the validity will be further extended until 9th December 2023.
From 27th October 2023 until 31st December 2023, subscribers will get to purchase the promotional Epik50P with 500GB quota and additional 5GB hi-speed hotspot internet. This plan is a limited time offer and will no longer be available for subscription or renewal after 31st December 2023.
5G is a cutting-edge technology with faster Internet speeds and lower latency (low pings, anyone?). In Pek Epik, we’re excited to launch our first 5G plan, called Epik5G 45 plan. It comes with 30GB Hi-Speed Internet with Unlimited 5G Internet.
If you don’t have a 5G-compatible device or you’re not in a 5G coverage area, you will not be able to use the Unlimited 5G Internet quota! Any Internet usage would utilise your 30GB Internet.
You can still enjoy your Unlimited 5G Internet while you are in a 5G coverage area. Subscribers who are not in a 5G coverage area will need to purchase “B3 booster” or other 4G-enabled add-ons.
You will still be able to utilise 5G using the base Internet in the event your Unlimited 5G Internet has reached its FUP.
You can make these controls within your own device by following the steps below:
- Open your device’s “Settings“
- Look for “Network & Internet” or a similar option
- Find and select “Mobile Network” or “Cellular Network“
- Look for “Preferred Network Type” or a similar setting
- Change the network type from “5G” or “5G/LTE” to “4G” or “LTE“
- Save or apply the changes
Please note that the specific steps may vary depending on your device’s make and model. It’s recommended to consult your device’s user manual or search for specific instructions for your device if needed.
You may check your device’s 5G compatibility here.
Any user that registers and activates a NEW Tune Talk SIM from 27th October 2023 onwards, is qualified for FREE 1GB Welcome Internet in their NEW Pek Epik. This FREE 1GB Welcome Internet can only be redeemed ONCE via the Tune Talk App and is valid for 7 days.
Subscribers are required to redeem their FREE 1GB Welcome Internet within 60 days from the day of SIM activation. To redeem, you may go to Tune Talk App > Plans > Freebies & Others.
If you have fully utilised your Internet plan, you can continue using your basic Internet at 256kbps. Alternatively, you may purchase available add-ons or repurchase a plan to enjoy regular Internet speeds.
For the best experience, we recommend using Tune Talk App to check your Internet usage. You can also check usage via SMS by sending STATUS to 2222, or dial *134# (USSD).
Pek Epik is Tune Talk’s latest plan range catering to the fast-growing internet demand of 5G enthusiasts, Gen Z lifestyle apps (such as Tik Tok, Instagram, YouTube and iQiYi) and users who are looking for total peace of mind with massive internet quotas.
You can view the plans HERE.
All Tune Talk Subscribers can switch from their existing tariff plans to the Pek Epik tariff (or partner equivalent tariff) to enjoy the new plans available from 27th October onwards.
You may check your current tariff plan via:
- The Tune Talk App (next to your Mobile number); or
- USSD by dialling *111# > Account Info > Tariff plan
If you haven’t already, you are highly encouraged to ensure you are utilizing a 4G-enabled USIM which will enable you to use 4G and 5G network services and VoLTE and VoWiFi calls.
You can check your SIM type by sending CHECK4G to 23332.
Head on to this link to find out more details or how to upgrade your SIM card.
- When you choose to switch to the Pek Epik please know that all your existing data, voice and SMS balances will be forfeited. (Definitely recommended to exhaust all your existing internet prior to switching)
- You will not be able to revert back to older packs.
- What will remain is your existing credit balance, Tune Talk points and credit validity.
- You will need to be in an Active status (simply top up to reactivate your line)
- The best way to do switch is in the Tune Talk App! (Check out the ‘Loyalty Redemptions’ section)
- The switching process may take up to 15 minutes. You will receive a confirmation SMS once the switch is successful.
- Most importantly, (for now) switching to Pek Epik is FREE! Let’s go!
No, the switch will only happen for the number that you have requested for. You will need to manually submit the request for each number that you wish to switch.